Cold weather is here, and your hair needs to be taken care of. Here are a few tips that I have put together:
HAIR: (Come and see me at Salorah Hair Salon in El Dorado Hills and I can help you pick the right product.)
- Use a thick, rich, moisturizing conditioner that is made for your hair type. Some of the ultra-hydrating products can be too heavy for thin hair
- Don’t be afraid though of products that claim extra moisture. Many have been reformulated so the product doesn’t weigh down your hair, even if it is fine.
- Limit your use of the blow dryer. You can still style your hair effectively with a towel. Blot about 20 percent of the moisture out of your hair and then use heat. Stop as soon as your hair is dry. (Ask me about Keratin Complex Hair Treatment)
Thick or Curly Hair:
- If you have thick or curly hair, or heavy hair, you need a deep treatment you leave on for about a half-hour, once or twice a week.
- Because these hair types hold oil at the roots, don’t condition the area closest to the scalp.
Thin or Fine Hair
- Avoid deep conditioning treatments. Just use a regular conditioner every time you wash your hair. Supplement conditioning with a light leave-in spray conditioner.
Repair Your Hair
- Supplement your daily routine with hair masks, hair serums and oils to lock moisture in.
- Use natural treatments like vegetable or olive oil. Put a few drops in the palm of you had and rub in until the skin glistens. Then work the oil into your hair, starting from the bottom. This works for really dry hair. Use between washings or after you dry your hair — even after you come in from the cold.
- Simply call me and come in the salon and I will do the right treatment for your hair type.
- Substitute a hair cream for gel.
- Avoid styling products with high alcohol content; they will make your hair feel drier. Look for alcohol-free products.
- We have some great styling products at our Hair Salon in El Dorado Hills, come stop by, see me and we will chat.